3G CDMA NORTH AMERICA REGIONAL CONFERENCE SPEAKERS WILL DISCUSS GLOBAL PROGRESS OF MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS
Hosted by the CDMA Development Group (CDG) (www.cdg.org), the 2008 3G CDMA North America Regional Conference will provide a venue for sharing the global and regional progress and successes of CDMA2000®.
Keynotes by executives from Sprint Nextel, Virgin Mobile USA. Qualcomm and Google will offer their unique perspectives regarding the future of 3G CDMA in the context of wireless services and the mobile marketplace, including value-added services, device innovation and new technologies.
Panels, which will include operators, analysts, content and application providers and infrastructure and device suppliers, will explore topics relevant to the wireless industry in North America and the rest of the world. Conference delegates will hear about small and regional operators’ needs, market segments and business plans, revenue-generating mobile services with EV-DO, current investments in 1X and EV-DO, the CDMA technology roadmap, and integrating CDMA2000 with LTE and Mobile WiMAX.
On Wednesday, November 19, the CDG will present this year’s 3G CDMA Industry Achievement Awards, honoring the individuals and companies whose innovative products and services have contributed to the growth of the 3G CDMA wireless industry over the past year.
To date, speakers for the 2008 3G CDMA North America Regional Conference include:
- Kevin Packingham, Senior Vice President, Product and Technology Department, Sprint Nextel
- Peter Lurie, Co-Founder, Virgin Mobile USA
- Len Lauer, Chief Operating Officer, Qualcomm
- Doug Garland, Vice President, Product Management, Google
- Maurice Thompson, Director, Open Access, Verizon Wireless
- Benjamin Parker, Director, Corporate Technology, Verizon Wireless
- Johnie Johnson, CEO and General Manager, Nex-Tech Wireless
- Paul Posner, CEO, Pocket Communications
- Lou Tomasetti, President, Commnet Wireless
- Drew Caplan, Chief Network Officer, Mobile Satellite Ventures LP
- Lokdeep Singh, Technical Director, RSB, Ltd.
- Joe Cruz, Executive Vice President and CTO, AirCell
- Mike Mulica, CEO, FusionOne
- Andrew McFarlane, CEO, Buzzwire
- Basil Abifaker, Vice President, Technology, Transaction Wireless
- Holt Thrasher, Managing Director, Mooreland Partners
- Andrew Seybold, President and CEO, Andrew Seybold, Inc.
- Mark Lowenstein, Managing Director, Mobile Ecosystem
- Iain Gillott, Founder, iGillott Research
- David Chamberlain, Principal Analyst, Wireless In-Stat
Additional companies presenting at this year’s conference include: 3GPP, Airvana, Alcatel-Lucent, Huawei, LG Electronics, Motorola, Nortel, The WiMAX Forum, Wichorus, and ZTE.
To view the latest conference agenda, please visit the event Web site at www.cdg.org/NARC_2008.
The CDMA Development Group is a trade association formed to foster the worldwide development, implementation and use of CDMA2000 technologies. The more than 140 member companies of the CDG include many of the world’s largest wireless carriers and equipment manufacturers. The primary activities of the CDG include development of CDMA2000 features and services, public relations, education and seminars, regulatory affairs and international support. Currently, there are more than 500 individuals working within various CDG subcommittees on CDMA2000-related matters. For more information about the CDG, contact the CDG News Bureau at +1-714-540-1030, or visit the CDG Web site at www.cdg.org.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008 – Thursday, November 20, 2008
||The U.S. Grant
San Diego, California 92101
Phone: +1 619 232 3121
||To register for the event, please contact the CDG News Bureau at +1 949-428-8221 or firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #