CDMA DEVELOPMENT GROUP TO HOST LIVE WEBCAST ON FEBRUARY 1ST:
“CDMA2000: Insight into Ultra-Low Cost 3G Devices”
Leading mobile communications executives will participate in a live Webcast hosted by the CDMA Development Group (CDG) (www.cdg.org). The Webcast will explore how the CDMA2000® industry is enabling the delivery of ultra-low cost 3G devices.
Key topics will include:
- Overview of the strategy used to deliver ultra-low cost CDMA2000 devices
- Current availability of ultra-low cost 3G CDMA devices
- Reduced Bill of Material (BOM) solutions and their segmentation
- Global Handset Requirements for CDMA (GHRC) initiative
- Building economies of scale through device aggregation efforts
- CDMA Certification Forum (CCF) test and certification process
- Market trends and implications for operators
Joe Lawrence, vice president of marketing at the CDG, will moderate the discussion. Panelists include:
- David Hind, GHRC Representative, CDMA Development Group
- Jorge De La Mora, Supply Chain Director, Iusacell
The CDMA Development Group is a trade association formed to foster the worldwide development, implementation and use of CDMA2000 technologies. The more than 130 member companies of the CDG include many of the world’s largest wireless carriers and equipment manufacturers. The primary activities of the CDG include development of CDMA2000 features and services, public relations, education and seminars, regulatory affairs and international support. Currently, there are more than 500 individuals working within various CDG subcommittees on CDMA2000-related matters.
Friday, February 1, 2008 – Live Webcast will last approximately one hour, with the opportunity to submit questions online. The Webcast will begin at 8:30 a.m. PT.
Participation is limited and pre-registration is required. Contact the CDG News Bureau at + 1 (714) 540-1030, or email@example.com to obtain information on the Webcast and to register for the event.
# # #