WTIA and QUALCOMM will host a UMB Seminar in Hong Kong on September 20-21, 2007 , in conjunction with the CDG. The seminar will showcase Ultra Mobile Broadband™ (UMB™), a breakthrough technology that will support the ITU’s vision for next-generation services.
This seminar will feature speakers from the following leading wireless companies:
- Mike Hobby, Director, CDMA Marketing, Alcatel-Lucent
- Zhang Jun, Vice Director, CDMA Product Management, Huawei Technologies
- Kimberly Flowers, Director of CDMA Data Product Management, Motorola
- Tom Chui, Director of Mobility Profiles, Nortel
- Eduardo Esteves, Senior Director, Technical Marketing, QUALCOMM
- Jean Au, Senior Manager, Technical Marketing, QUALCOMM
- Dr. Xin, Yu, Senior Researcher, UMB Standards, ZTE
- Mr. YK Ha, Deputy Director General, OFTA, Hong Kong
- CW Cheung, OVUM, Hong Kong
The CDMA Development Group is a trade association formed to foster the worldwide development, implementation and use of CDMA technologies. The more than 130 member companies of the CDG include many of the world’s largest wireless carriers and equipment manufacturers. The primary activities of the CDG include development of CDMA features and services, public relations, education and seminars, regulatory affairs and international support. Currently, there are more than 500 individuals working within various CDG subcommittees on CDMA-related matters.