ESN and UIMID Exhaust
Friday, March 7, 2008
The CDMA Development Group (CDG) hosted a live, interactive webcast on Friday, March 7, to discuss Electronic Serial Numbers (ESN) and User Identification Module Identifiers (UIMID) exhaustion, a critical issue currently faced by CDMA operators.
The webcast addressed all aspects of the migration from ESNs to Mobile Equipment Identifiers (MEID), and from UIMID to Extended User Identification Module Identifiers (EUIMID). This is an urgent issue because ESNs and UIMIDs are expected to be exhausted by the middle of 2008.
Click here to view the archive of the webcast.
Topics of discussion included:
• Background on ESN and UIMID migration to MEID and EUIMID
• Status on the effort by TIA to provide additional ESNs and UIMIDs
• Impact of MEID and EUIMID on ANSI-41 networks
• Technical considerations – terminals and networks
• Operational considerations – terminals and networks
• Provisioning, billing, back-end or operation support systems
• Standards updates
• Next steps for operators and vendors
|James Person, Chief Operating Officer, CDG
|Bill Dahnke, Representing CDG
David Crowe, Expert Consultant
Transition From ESNs to MEIDs Live Webcast
Moving Forward on MEID and Expanded UIMID (E-UIMID)
For further information on ESN and UIMID exhaust, contact email@example.com.