Next Generation NetworksNetwork Architecture
The Next Generation Network must integrate wireless access, user mobility and Internet technology into a seamless whole
- Exploit and extend existing IETF protocols.
- Design the components so that the network is cost-effective, scalable and carrier-grade.
- Make it transport, access, and application agnostic:
- The network should run over any transport technology (ATM, Ethernet, etc.)
- Wireless specifics should be hidden in the Radio Access Network (RAN).
- Terminals should be able to interact with any Internet Based Application with the appropriate client software.